Before, he studied mathematics in Bonn, completed his doctoral dissertation in the area of indoor navigation at Ludwig-Maximilians-University of Munich, has held a professorship with the Institute of Cartography and Geoinformatics at the Leibniz-University Hanover and a professorship for geoninformatics with Universität der Bundeswehr München and has been working at the Earth Observation Center of the German Aerospace Center .
Main research interests include
- science of geometric and spatial data (data science)
- spatial machine learning, big data, and high performance computing
- social network analysis,
- context-aware and ubiquitous computing,
- time series analysis and trajectory computing,
- indoor location-based services.
- : Valentines Day as seen on Twitter stream
- : GloBiMap implementation published
- : GloBiMaps - A randomized data structure capable of storing high-resolution low-cardinality raster like built-up areas in few megabytes
- : CODE Jahrestagung 2019 and Price for GeoDialog
- : Douglas Peucker, Line Rasterization, and Well-Known Text Notebooks